Southern Living's September issue offers "10 Ways to get Southern Style" including tips from some of the South's greatest interior designers including Circa's owner, Cindy Smith! Be sure to check out the article on page 55 or click on the images below to enlarge (be sure to hit back afterwards!).
1. Offer a well-set table.
2. Inherit (and hand down) heirloom silver.
6. Choose monogrammed linens.
7. Express your personality with fabrics.
8. Ease into comfortable upholstery.
Never forget when furnishing your home that at the end of the day it has GOT to be comfortable!
"For deeper seating, Cindy likes Lee's #1077 chair with a dressmaker's skirt and English arms."
Lee Industries 1077-01 chair
9. Showcase (and revamp) a well-worn piece of furniture.
" 'If you're not lucky enough to inherit antiques, don't buy cheap ones,' adds Cindy. 'Save until you can buy a good piece. You don't have to have a room full of antiques - one nice piece in a room can elevate everything around it.' As for what to buy first, Cindy suggests a mahogany Sheraton-style sideboard or a walnut English chest of drawers."
10. Finish with fresh flowers.
Flowers make any room look 10x better!