Summer time is approaching and with summer comes homegrown tomatoes and fresh, sweet corn! I can not be more excited... tomatoes are (one of) my favorite things about summer, as are corn and all the other delicious veggies that you can buy at your local farmers market! Here is a recipe found on Pinterest that I thought some of you may enjoy. We at Circa LOVE a reason to gather in a beautiful setting with delicious and gorgeous food- this will surely be a hit!
- 6 ears of corn
- 3 large fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 large sweet onion or about 1 cup chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 to 3 sprigs of fresh oregano (optional)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
-1/4 cup olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Boil corn in large pot of water for about 7 minutes.
- Drain and plunge corn into cool water
- Cut corn off of cob and set aside to cool completely
- Chunk tomatoes and onions
- Coarsely chop basil and strip oregano off stems
- Place cooled corn, chopped vegetables and herbs into large bowl
- Toss with vinegar and olive oil
- Season to taste
- Serve chilled or room temperature
- Use white balsamic vinegar! It's sweeter and will not discolor the onion and corn like the dark red color of regular balsamic would do.
- Click here to be redirected to the blog this recipe was originally posted onto. From there you can print a copy for your recipe book!