April 23, 2010

We had a blast with Bobby!


Bobby McAlpine impressed us once again during his visit on Wednesday! His style of presentation is wonderful; more like a conversation with close friends. Bobby's talk included a phenomenal slideshow of some of his work. He offered fun details about his inspiration for the homes along with plenty of funny stories to go along with it. What an incredible, talented individual; his creativity is truly amazing...just hearing him speak inspires you. His uncanny ability to describe emotion is surreal. Luckily, we were able to have our copies of The Home Within Us signed...I can't wait to read it and try to absorb it all this weekend!
I thought I'd share with you a little excerpt from his new book...it may help you better understand what I mean about his language and inspiring thought:
"At the age of thirty-six, after several years of practice and many more of life, I realize that I had no place my heart recognized as home. Waiting for the exact invitation from the world, I had not found the perfect match. So I excavated from an active place inside myself--and built it. I love the idea of taking your heart out for a walk and bringing it home." *The Home Within Us, page 16*

I think we all want a Bobby house now!!!
The Circa crowd with Bobby McAlpine and Greg Tankersley
Eleanor had a few signed!
Not only is the content fabulous, the cover is great too! This book is selling out fast! We've got a few left so let us know if you want one. We have a few signed copies left.
Patrick, Kathy, & Lindsay waiting in line...Can you tell that I asked them to "act natural?" Hah.

1 comment:

  1. You all were the consummate hosts! All other venues must now measure up to Circa! Bobby and I so enjoyed both days. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete